SAFETY RISK MANAGEMENT POLICY
Student Health & Safety
Student safety is our first primary concern. During your stay at Accademia Italiana all efforts are made to ensure a risk free environment and to gurantee your securety.
Accademia Italiana is committed to achieving and maintaining the highest standards of health and safety for all employees and students. This is accomplished by:
- The identification of all workplace hazards
- The identification of all people who may be exposed to the hazards
- The evaluation of the significant risks to which employees, students and others are exposed
- The recognition of the likelihood of foreseeable accidents, injuries occurring
- The selection of realistic and practical precautions and control measures
Risk Assessments ARE carried out by persons who are trained and competent in the process but it is essential that everyone participates to make it a success.
With this in mind, it is also important to note that all students take responsibility for their own safety and security during their stay. This means that students and participants in Accademia Italiana programs committ themeselves to avoid dangerous situations.
Emergency meeting place in case of natural disasters
If an emergency occurs the meeting place is a 1 -minute walking distance from the school, in the open area in Piazza Cavour, Salerno.
Accidents and Medical Insurance
Accademia Italiana takes out an insurance policy to guarantee staff and students safety on the school premises.
Students are advised to take out a medical and personal insurance before leaving their home country. Citizens from the European Union are entitled to free medical care in Italy if they hold an E111 Form which can be obtained from their local health authority in their home country.
Accademia Italiana can also provide information in order to take out a private insurance which covers students during their stay in Italy. This insurance is not included in the course price , it has an extra cost and it is available upon request.
In case a medical emergency arises during your stay in I taly and you think you need to call an ambulance the telephone number is 118, plus you have Accademia I taliana Emergency number + 39 345 071 6013 always available for you when the school is closed. Please save those numbers on your phone!
If you need to see a doctor, Accademia I taliana has a special agreement with a Polydiagnostic centre – Check UP- located in Viale Andrea De Luca 5/A – z. i. , 841 31 Salerno ( tel. +39 089 771 010). The centre offers several services among which specialist visits, blood tests, x-ray, etc. For a list of all the services offered you can visit the website: http://check-up. net/
To schedule an appointment with a specialist, you can contact the following telephone number:+39 089 771 01 0. Our secretary or your host family may help you to deal with it if you want to) Private visits and prescriptions have extra costs that must be anticipated. Please ask your insurance what their policy is for possible refunds.
The private medical centre is located 15 minutes away by car from the school.
Students with illnesses such as mono, the flu, bronchitis, or chicken pox or with recovery from surgery are asked to stay at home, rest and recover in order to avoid any risk for themselves and for the other students and faculty at the host school.
Salerno hospital “San Giovanni di Dio e Ruggi D’Aragona) is located in via S. Leonardo 1 – Salerno, in the city centre, it takes 10 minutes by car/taxi/ ambulance from the school.
A first aid box is kept in the school premises, next to the Front Desk Office. In case you need it, please ask our secretaries at the front desk. WE INFORM STUDENTS OF THIS KIT UPON THEIR ARRIVAL AS WELL.
For First Aid at school please contact our Front Desk Office. For any emergencies, please contact the following numbers: We give students a card with this information on it at the school orientation on the first day.
|EMERGENCY||118 or 800885666|
Other Emergency Contacts for Italy:
112 is the European emergency phone number, available everywhere in the EU, free of charge. The following emergency numbers are also available, and you may dial them directly.
USA Embassy : 06-467-41 (from within Italy)
USA Conuslate Genearl Naples : (+39) 081.583.8111/ (+39) 081-583-8221
Other Embassies: http://www.esteri.it/mae/doc/lda.pdf
School Emergency numbers:
Telephone: + 39 089 256965
+ 39 345 071 601 3
+ 39 389 342 6659
+ 327 7567189
You should enter these numbers in your contact list on your cell phone and carry them with you at all times or on a separate piece of paper in your back pack or in your pursue.
SAFETY COVID protocol
All students are informed prior to arrival of the measures and simple safety guidelines they will have to follow to ensure a safe stay with Accademia Italiana Salerno.
Accademia Italiana is monitoring the situation relating to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) with the utmost attention and follows the indications of the proper local and national authorities.
In terms of prevention the school is constantly working to all the precautionary measures against the coronavirus infection set out by the Italian Ministry of Health and by the World Health Organization to be taken by anyone and a full assistance to our students. All our Staff is fully vaccinated.
Safety at the school
- Student's temperature are checked automatically every day when entering the school building.
- At the school entrance students are asked to clean their hands with sanitizer.
- There are signs around the school explaining the one-way system for using the corridors.
- The use of a mask is right now mandatory in closed spaces if the safety distance of 1 mt. is not guaranteed. We ask our students to come with their own mask and wear it in the school. On the open-air areas such as balconies and public spaces it can be taken off while keeping the safety distance, if NOT fixed by law.
- The school staff is wearing a mask when in contact with students. Teachers are allowed to wear a face screen during their lessons respecting the safety distance.
- Hand sanitizers and surface disinfectant products are available in the school area
- The school intensively cleans and disinfects every day. In high season toilets and common spaces are cleaned and disinfected twice per day.
- Depending on the size of the classroom each class are between 3 and 10 students in order to respect a minimum distance of 1 mt. between each participant.
- The weekly schedule might be adapted if needed to avoid many students moving around the corridors or in the common areas of the school at the same time. Teachers advise of break times on arrival.
Cleaning and disinfection
At school, we use antibacterial hand soaps in the bathrooms. We take an extraordinary sanitation and disinfection of all premises every month. We commit ourselves to guarantee full cleanliness and hygiene.
Our cleaning staff is increasing the ordinary cleaning of school premises using antibacterial detergents with chlorine-based products as recommended by the Italian Ministry of Health.
Furthermore, we have installed electric hand dryers in all the bathrooms to avoid the use of hand paper.
In case a student has high temperature, we help her/him to see a doctor who will determine the treatment and measures that have to be taken.
In case of positive COVID-19 testing, the student will be asked to stay in the accommodation: homestay, or student apartments for a minimum of 14 days following health authorities’ recommendations. The school will give the student all the support needed.
- The weekly activity program is organized in reduced groups focusing mainly on open-air . Salerno with its surroundings offers many opportunities for this kind of activities.
- Host families follow all government guidelines on social distancing and ensure common areas are maintained to a high degree of cleanliness.
- In the executive apartments rooms and common areas are disinfected and deeply cleaned once a week.
- No visitors are allowed in hostfamilies or shared apartments.
Fire Safety information at school
All our students must carefully read the fire notices in the corridor of the school and they must be aware about the instructions with regards to exiting the building. In case of fire no one should stop to collect personal belongings and students must look for the nearest escape route. In the event of A fire the fire brigade must be called at 115. Teachers are responsible for escorting the students off the premises. Once safely outside the teacher of each class is responsible for checking the registe/roster to ensure that all students are safe.
In case OF AN Earthquake/s, drop to the floor, take cover under a sturdy desk or table, and hold on to it firmly. Be prepared to move with it until the shaking stops. If you are not near a desk or table, drop to the floor against the interior wall and protect your head and neck with your arms. Avoid exterior walls, windows, hanging objects, mirrors, tall furniture, etc.
General Safety Measures:
- Please keep a photocopy of your passport and permit to stay (permesso di soggiorno). Keep the originals in a safe place at home.
- Please keep school emergency numbers and your host family address and telephone number always with you.
- Avoid, at present, any large gatherings of people, such as demonstrations. When you go out in the evening, always go with friends or in groups and let people know where you are.
- If you are concerned about your safety, reach out for assistance. You may email the Director of the school firstname.lastname@example.org or call school emergency numbers at any time.
Keep abreast of the news and use common sense and good judgment in all situations—trust your instincts when it comes to safety issues and take no risks.