Motivated students studying in Salerno have the option of participating in un-paid internships under the supervision of experienced professionals. Internship in Italy allows students to gain valuable experience in Italian culture and workplace and it is an opportunity to increase employability skills.
All internships in Italy are held in Italian/English. Students with Italian language skills may have more placement options. Students can choose to include an internship to their courses while attending a semester or academic year program in Italy, thus gaining 3 credits for 60 internship hours.
Internships are usually scheduled on the last 8 weeks of the semester or academic year program. Different dates or tailor-made programs which include language course and internship experience can be arranged.
Internships are available part-time as a supplement to course study (for-credit and non-credit options available).
High quality internships are available in a variety of fields placements are made on a case-by-case basis, influenced by previous work experience, education and level of Italian and can be found in a large variety of fields.
- Art History
- Business and Finance
- Tourism: hotels, information points, travel agencies, language schools
- Restaurants, pizzerias and bakeries
- Sales employee
- Import - Export trade
- Digital Marketing
- Communication, Journalism and Media
- Textile and Leather
- Arts & Crafts
- Professional offices: architects, engineers, lawyers
- Health and Medical Services
- Political Science and International Relations
- Music and Theater
FOR-CREDIT INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- A minimum of 120 hours in the semester and 100 hours in the summer of work (?)
- Daily internship log
- In-depth interview with the internship sponsor or organization
PROCEDURE TO ENROLL
- Complete application
- Submit Resume and motivation letter
- Submit transcript (if transfer credits is required)
- Online interview
At the completion of the Internship Program students receive a Certificate of Completion from the company where they had their Internship.
For more information about the Credits Transfer, please contact us or visit our webpage.