Study Abroad Internship in Italy allows students to gain valuable experience in Italian culture and workplace and it is an opportunity to increase employability skills.
All Internships in Italy are conducted in Italian and students are required to complete 2 Italian Language Courses (8 weeks). Students can choose to include Internship while attending a semester or academic year program in Italy.
Students who want to transfer credits can contact the Registrar Office of their university or college and ask whether they can grant credits for the Internship. We provide the university with the transcript and grade.
For more information about the Credits Transfer, please contact us or visit our webpage.
Internships are usually scheduled on the last 8 weeks of the semester or academic Year Program. For different arrangements and dates or for a tailor-made program which includes language course and internship experience, please contact our Academic Advisors.
Placements are made on a case-by-case basis, influenced by previous work experience, education and level of Italian and can be found in a large variety of fields:
- Tourism: hotels, information points, travel agencies, language schools
- Restaurants, pizzerias and bakeries
- Sales employee
- Import - Export trade
- Textile and Leather
- Arts & Crafts
- Professional offices: architects, engineers, lawyers
In order to do an Internship in Italy you must:
- be enrolled in a U.S. university
- be enrolled in one of our Program or at least complete 2 language courses of minimum 8 weeks at Accademia Italiana
- be motivated
- have a good knowledge of Italian culture
- have at least a pre-intermediate level of Italian
PROCEDURE TO ENROLL
- Complete application
- Submit Resume and motivation letter
- Submit transcript (if transfer credits is required)
- Online interview
At the completion of the Internship Program students receive a Certificate of Completion from the company where they had their Internship.